7.4.09

Terpsichore Dance Celebration

Just to let you guys know how my competition/birthday went this weekend, I thought I'd give you a run down of some of the stuff that happened.
Musical Theater got Honours
Our hiphop number got and excellence
My ballet solo got an excellence
Lyrical got an excellence
and Jazz got a high excellence!
so basically it means most of it was in the nineties which is really good considering this is BDC's first year of having senior level groups enter competitions! all in all it was a really fun weekend! I got super nervous backstage but as soon as I was on I had the time of my life and was sad whenever I had to get off the stage.
Now for a few weird things that happened: The MC (who admitted his age was 44) kept saying "Sick!" and completely got the title of my solo wrong until I corrected him *blush* it was called Le Revanche Del Tango. During awards and such some strange girls from another company kept trying to be inconspicuous about taking pictures of a few of us (it was really weird). I had a spazz attack in the change room when some girls tried to move my tutu bag (containing my $300 Tutu) just to peek into a room they weren't suppose to enter. Oh and Danielle and I have a new thing.. we found out we love saying "SHARK BAIT OO AH AH!" (from finding Nemo).. now you have to understand this was at like a little past nine at night after a long day at competition and we were getting a little bored/hyper.
As for my birthday.. I kept forgetting it was my birthday so every now and then when I remembered, whoever was standing next to me had to put up with my "Hey guess what! It's my birthday!" haha. My wonderful nephew gave me the movie "Twilight" which I have yet to find a chance to watch, Justin gave me a couple cd's I've been craving to own (Amy Macdonald and Kate Havnevik) and my parents gave me some small hoops for my top two holes in my ear. Also my wonderful friend, classmate, and student Corrina baked me a cake all by herself and gave me a wonderful card with a beautiful note inside that almost made me cry<3 I also had a birthday party the weekend before competition where some more of my terrific friends gave me some wonderful gifts! I am so grateful for all the friends and family I have been blessed with<3

Anyways that enough blogging for now!
God Bless


P.s. I have one more test then my final exam! YAY!

No comments: